10.05.2006

"E-mail is for old people."

According to this article in Kurtzweil AI, most teens feel that e-mail is an outdated and artificial construct for daily communication. I tend to agree, though I'm not really convinced that it can be replaced for making well considered statements. Is technology culture moving too quickly to think things through? E-mail has its place, as does snail mail, and txt.

Every form of communication medium holds a different place in our society, and it can be very revealing to see which forms of communication an individual values most. I like blogging because I like to hear myself talk. I also like email for extended dialogue, and phone txt for instant communication. Recently, I have discovered the joys of snail mail for more sentimental forms of communication.

What kind of communication medium do you favor?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say blogging and email, for the most part. It's been too long since I wrote a real letter.

10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home