12.29.2005

The Singularity.

I keep talking about the Singularity. For a decent definition of the Singularity itself, check out the wikipedia.org article on the subject. In some ways, this article doesn't do the concept justice. I really think it's gonna get a whole lot weirder than anything that's been represented in fiction. The best example of Singularity fiction that I can think of is 'Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom', by Cory Doctorow of boingboing fame, though his variation of the singularity doesn't really account for exponential artificial intelligence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Q. said...

Looking forward to it, or something like it. Still, I'm not getting my hopes up. The future is by nature opaque. I believe that things are going to get really weird, soon, and I want to be around to see it. This is a belief and not a certainty, because I have no proof to support this idea.

12:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home