12.28.2005

Google and RSS.

So, I read an analysis recently which stated that Google plans to become a full fledged, web based operating system. Sweet. Some of the potential of the internet unleashed at last. That at least gets us up to the 21st Century.

So, I just discovered a Google tool that I didn't know about earlier: Google Reader, an RSS feed aggregator on the web. It's still in beta, but then, so is Gmail. If you're not yet familiar with RSS/Atom, here's a great place to start. RSS and Atom have really come to dominate my surfing lately, and I'm using them to do as much as I can these days. This has really improved my overall efficiency on the net.

The best thing about Google Reader is that it, like all of Google's many tools, is API based. This means that if you don't like Google's reader, you can build one of your own... and I'm sure that many people will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home